Friday, November 12, 2010

How do you cook Asian food in a Western kitchen?

I'm a college student and I've grown up cooking Asian food using a wok and a gas stove. But the kitchens in my college are electric and I won't have a wok; I'll have regular pots and pans. I'd still like to be able to stir-fry and steam stuff. Does anyone have any tips? I imagine this is a relatively common problem, so a link to some webpage with more details would be great.How do you cook Asian food in a Western kitchen?
Just use a regular skillet. It's not the same but Millions stir fry in a large skillet everyday.How do you cook Asian food in a Western kitchen?
stainless pot with steamer basket will work for steaming but stir fry should have a deep wok which will wok on electric stove alternatively there is an electric wok made which is an appliance that would suit your purpose. Likely in 25$ range. You could buy a wok and bamboo basket in an asian store and they will work on an electric stove.
Just make sure your pan is very hot before you start your stir fry. As far as steaming..get a steamer basket or steam in the microwave.
Use a non stick skillet

No comments:

Post a Comment