Sunday, November 14, 2010

How long does broccoli take to cook all the way through in a wok?

I am about to sautee broccoli in my wok with a little olive oil and garlic. I like my broccoli cooked all the way through. I usually just steam it. I am really bad at this cooking stuff! I am using a pan that resembles a wok- About how long should I roll it around in there for? 10 points right away for a good answer- ThxHow long does broccoli take to cook all the way through in a wok?
I would start with 3 minutes, then pull a piece of broccoli out and taste it. If it is done enough for you, turn off the heat, if not, cook another minute and repeat. The great thing about knowing how you like veggies cooked is that after you figure it out, you have a solid recipe that you can make without thinking about it in the future. Hope this helps!How long does broccoli take to cook all the way through in a wok?
It depends on the size but 3-5 minutes should be enough once you have adde the water.

To make things easier I would suggest you blanch them first.

No comments:

Post a Comment