Friday, November 12, 2010

What did everyone make for dinner tonite? Our youngest child asked for Chinese Chow Fun.?

So I made Chinese Beef Chow Fun with a large Bok Choy (Chinese vegetable), onion, and the Chinese thick flat white noodles (called ';Fun';, a little soy sauce, a little oyster sauce, and a little corn starch, and a touch of brown sugar. I pulled out the Chinese Wok that my Mom handed down to me when I got married and used that. Since she's been gone for about 11 yrs., everytime I use it I'm reminded of my Mom and also my maternal grandmother who cooked dinners only using that Chinese Wok as she was born in China. Every time I cook using that Chinese Wok it reminds me of how hard my ancestors worked to make a better life for their children %26amp; grandchildren.



Anyone out there making any interesting ethnic or family recipes that were handed down thru generations?What did everyone make for dinner tonite? Our youngest child asked for Chinese Chow Fun.?
I made Sukiyaki. It's so easy to make and has everything for a one pot meal. Sliced beef, tofu, Japanese greens, onions, enoki mushrooms, clear noodles, served with rice of course. It's cooked on the table in an electric cooker. Reminds me of my childhood when my mom made it!What did everyone make for dinner tonite? Our youngest child asked for Chinese Chow Fun.?
I didn't make anything for dinner, since I don't have a kitchen in my dorm. When I do make food, I like jerk chicken (jamaican food) with the hot peppory spice in there because it reminds me of my mother and the country she comes from. I want to pass it on to my future generation children so that it reminds them of the islands. Interesting story.

No comments:

Post a Comment