Friday, November 12, 2010

What is the best way to cook Chicken to compare marinades?

I have made three different marinades and have added chicken to each bag for overnight sitting. I couldn't decide on which marinade I liked better for a multi-recipe approach. Basically I am going to freeze the rest of the chicken in my fridge with the winning marinade and use it in many different recipes. As well as with many cooking methods (skillet, wok, baking, etc)



So, my question is, how should I cook the chicken for comparison purposes?What is the best way to cook Chicken to compare marinades?
Hands down, grilled, but I am a grillin' gal ;) If you want a true taste of your marinated chicken, you should apply whatever cooking method you enjoy, but without any other ingredients.



In the scenario you have presented, and with the hopes of using different cooking methods, I would split each bag into 4 groups, and cook each. You will then have a true sense of how each marinade tastes with each cooking method.



1. Skillet (fried) - oils can alter taste

2. Wok (stir-fried) - oils can alter taste (I prefer peanut, but vegetable works great)

3. Baked (covered, uncovered, or in foil packets)

4. Grilled (if they are in pieces, place each batch separately on a skewer; if sugar, honey, etc., is used, make sure and cook over low heat to avoid burning)



Hope this helps ;)What is the best way to cook Chicken to compare marinades?
cook them all 3 on a grill then compare

after cooked freeze them



toss the marinades as they can contain salmonella
On the grill over Kiawe charcoal...closest to you would probably be Mesquite.
Hi Who's right, Why cook the chicken at all,just taste the marinades, and the one you like best will be the one for you. Once you have used a marinade you should throw any surplus away if it has had meat sitting in it because it will be contaminated. You could in theory make up a large batch of marinade, and store it in a jar,but this could have a detrimental effect on the finished product as it will be marinating in itself. I find it best to make each batch fresh. I would not recommend trying to freeze it either if it is oil and acid based as it will most probably split. I hope this helps,all the best. Rab

No comments:

Post a Comment