Friday, November 12, 2010

I bought a cheap wok. It has a black coting on it which ended up on my food. Is this normal / safe to eat?

I bought this wok from a local chinese grocer. It has a black oily coating on it. I washed it with soap and boiled some water in it then cooked my dinner. While cleaning the wok at the end of the meal I realized that there was a massive quantity of this black substance which remained on the pan as well as in the food I had just ate. Is this stuff safe to eat, how can I get it off my pan? Also should I be expecting a slow painful death from eating this Taiwanesian chemical?I bought a cheap wok. It has a black coting on it which ended up on my food. Is this normal / safe to eat?
no don't eat that !!!

wash with hot water, dry wel %26amp; use paper towel %26amp; see if ther is more residue

you need to season the pan in the oven, coat it with oil first

there should be no residue on itI bought a cheap wok. It has a black coting on it which ended up on my food. Is this normal / safe to eat?
Is your will up to date?
no your not gonna die it's a little of paint coating not gonna hurt you but if your really worried about it call poison controll and take pan back for refund
Throw it out.



You get what you pay for.
Throw it back to china.1 you've hi teched your tummy 2 you ah-so wok will rust.
The black is spose to be the non stick coating, i'd throw it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment